• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*NEW* Front STM's now available.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detour

www.Detoursusa.com
New from Detours, front shock relocators (STM's), application is XJ/MJ/YJ/TJ Dana 30 and the Rubi 44.

MISC2010005small.jpg

Heres a link to the rears- http://www.detoursusa.com/xjstm.php The front's will soon be added.......

STM's ("Stop The Madness") were orig. developed as a permanent solution to the rear upper shock connection which is prone to failure & corrosion......catching it before it happens, saves ALOT of headache.
The STM can also be used to 'cheat' a shock.....say you add lift to your existing lift.....or 2 inches to stock........well, your shocks are now too short unless you buy new......adding STM's allows you to keep the shocks you may already be happy with.....

Like-wise up front, while the connections dont fail like the rears, if you add lift, own ACO's or add spacers, the STM's allow you to cheat your shocks 1.5-2".........

Cost difference is due to the ammount of extra machining required for the front units, install time is 1/2 hour or less.

Cost: $65.00
Shipping is flat rate for the lower 48 states: $8.00

K... So it adds like 1-1/2 inches so you have that much more down travel. Explain to me how it fixes mounting problems with the stock mounts when these bolt directly to that same stock mount? You can weld it, but it is still all sheet metal.

K... So it adds like 1-1/2 inches so you have that much more down travel. Explain to me how it fixes mounting problems with the stock mounts when these bolt directly to that same stock mount? You can weld it, but it is still all sheet metal.

Because once they are mounted its easier to change shocks, and adds some length if you want to upgrade to taller springs and have new or expensive shocks already.

People use them for various reasons, some install before the connection fails, some 'bolt and also weld, some just weld kowing it's important to also plug weld in the broken stud areas...........some use them as cheaters. The rears have been available for like 7 or 8 years now. This post concerns the front STM's customers constantly ask & email me about.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back