• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL, NEW SET OR SHACKLES

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
I HAVE A 2" RE BB LIFT W/ 31X10.50 TIRES. I INSTALLED THE SHOCKS ALL THE WAY AROUND AND THE COIL SPRING SPACERS UP FRONT. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THAT I HAVE TO INSTALL THE AAL IN THE REAR BUT I'VE BEEN DRIVING THIS WAY FOR NEARLY 9 MONTHS AND HAVEN'T DONE IT.

THIS VEH IS SOON GOING TO BE USED MUCH MORE FOR OFF ROADING AND NOT THAT MUCH ON ROAD. BEFORE MY NEXT TRIP IN FEB TO PARAGON I WANT TO INSTALL LOCK RIGHT LOCKERS FRONT AND REAR. I'LL ALSO BE REMOVING FLARES AND MAYBE TRIMMING FOR EXTRA CLEARANCE.

LIKE I SAID STILL HAVEN'T INSTALLED AAL AND DON'T QUITE HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE NEW LIFT FOR TIME BEING. SHOULD I INSTALL THE AAL IN THE REAR? BUY A WHOLE NEW SET OF LEAF SPRINGS? IF SO WHAT SIZE? WILL THE 3.5 SUPERFLEX SPRINGS FROM RE WORK, OR WILL IT SIT HIGH IN THE REAR? SHOULD I INSTALL SHACKLES? IF SO, DO TERAFLEX REVOLVERS ADD 1-2 INCHES OF LIFT?

WHAT IS MY BEST BET FOR GETTING THAT EXTRA LIFT FOR THE BEST VALUE?

Boy are you about to get flamed............

FLAME ON!

haha

nah i wont flame you but someone is bound too.....

first piece of advice....*for free* DO NOT USE ALL CAPS.....its hard to read and kinda annoys most people who use this forum

2nd.....if you just want the small lift use that aal or just get some shackles...they would work for a small amount of lift....

i have heard that both aal and/or shackles ride rougher than buying a full spring pack.....of course my rustys lift is starting to get kinda rough in the back

hope this helps.......now...brace yourself for the angry ones......they will be posting here soon..haha

I had AAL and Shackles on mine... they road fine... I recently upgraded to Spring Pack... It does ride better but not enough better to justify the money... although the extra durability justifies the money

tgoff said:
Save your money for the future lift you want and use the add a leaf for now.

I agree too! For 2" of lift new spring packs ain't worth it. If the kit came with an AAL us it. A shaclke works good to but will cost you $$$ for about the same result.

i had 4.5" leaf packs and 2" blocks....I replaced the blocks with 1.5" shackles and it rides soooo much smoother...actually....it rides smoother than it did with the springs only........

Back