• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor pan repair

jason

NAXJA Forum User
Here are some pics of my progress. I have about two days of pounding into these so far.
floorrepaironjeep036.jpg

floorrepaironjeep037.jpg

floorrepaironjeep039.jpg

floorrepaironjeep040.jpg

floorrepaironjeep041.jpg

floorrepaironjeep042.jpg

floorrepaironjeep043.jpg

floorrepaironjeep030.jpg

floorrepaironjeep016.jpg

No I am gonna weld it still. Pull a screw weld the hole thats what I will be doing tommorow. The screws make it easy.

looks good....and grapes are on sale this week at Winn Dixie

Next time, get the replacement floor pans that www.raybuck.com sells. They fit perfectly, are thicker than the factory original sheet metal, and only needed a couple hammer blows to snug up to the transmission hump.

Yea those would have been nice. I kinda enjoyed making my own also. It was a learning experience and cost far less to make my own.

is it bad if you just set screw it, then seal it? cause i have no welder and dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for labor to weld it

I used unibody structural adhesive from the auto-body supply shop and a few screws. Just as strong as welding.

clecos? i got some self tapper screws and some industrial adhesive at HD that says it bonds to metal and is weather proof. . that work?

thats another tool i get to buy then haha. im considering doing the stainless self tappers though. since i already have them. but ive got about 2 weeks to decide

i googled clecos haha. im probably just gonna go with the set screws for now. if it rusts again ill gop ahead and get someone to weld it

I would do screws or pop rivets (steel ones) with good body adhesive, actually now that I think about it the adhesive method has a benefit... the adhesive covers the area between the two pieces of metal where normally there would be exposed metal for rust to start on.

I ended up welding mine though because I started the project before thinking about this.

Back