• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running a ox locker

I have a '97, and I mounted in the center console just in front of the T-Case shift lever. Specifically it is mounted to the floor, and protrudes through a hole I cut in the center console.

Actually worked pretty nice, bucause it positioned such that I cannot engage the Ox if the T-Case is in 2wd... and you cannot put the T-Case back into 2wd if the Ox is engaged.

I'm not familiar with the pre-97 consoles... I can post a pic up later today if you want.

I hear ColoradoRaptor might have a few set up that he'd be happy to tell you about :dunno:

Been thinking about relocating my Posi-Lok cable, I would be interested in seeing some pictures too.

Jeep002.jpg

Jeep004.jpg

I'll use some aluminum plate to cover up the hole. Just haven't got around to it yet...

Actually worked pretty nice, bucause it positioned such that I cannot engage the Ox if the T-Case is in 2wd... and you cannot put the T-Case back into 2wd if the Ox is engaged.

I dunno about you, but I've used my OX in 2wd... then again mine is in my rear axle. so that's actually a nice safety :gee:

You do know that the knobs screw down all the way to prevent accidental engagement, correct? When you screw it down, you can't lift the collar enough to get it out of the detent in the shifter body.

Back