• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Problem!!!

kaden.

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to bend a new brake line off of my master cylinder to the passanger front and am having a heck of a time. I was thinking there has got to be an easier way and thought does anyone out their make a braided steel line that can run all the way from the master cylinder to the extended brake line off the caliper? anyways any help would be appriciated.
its a 97 4.0 auto
thanks

it's not going to be specific, but if you figure out the length you need I;m sure you can find something suitable at a speed shop, or summit.

One trick to bending complicated brake lines, a piece of solid copper wire, like a strand of 12 g from some regular household romex. You can bend it to shape, then unbend it to get the right length of tubing, the rebend it to have a template. It will really help you visualize how the tubing needs to be bent, and will generally save you from screwing it up.

Im not so much worried about screwing up. its all the parts and wires in the way that i have to get around. the biggest problem im running into is trying to bend it down in to the wheel well around the AC condenser i think it is? Once the line is bent it wont come out. cuz their is to much crap in the way? i dont know maybe i will just have to pull everything out so i can get in their good.

in that case I have bent the top part of the line, inserted it through the complicated bit, and finished bending the lower part of the line while on the vehicle. It's a gigantic PITA, but sometimes that's easier than unbolting a crap ton o stuff.

Back