• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help ID this control arm

sledneck

NAXJA Forum User
I need new bushings in the lower control arms on my 2000 XJ. I bought it with the lift and do not know what it is. I think its a 4.5 inch lift and has stock upper arms. The lowers ar roughly 16 and 1/4 inches long center of bolt to center of bolt. I have no idea where to get new bushings or what they are PLEASE HELP. I am not gonna be able to go wheel in until there fixed and I am planing a trip through the San Juans to and around Silverton.

Thanks

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0290.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

off topic but it looks like someone replaced your axle shafts with ones with CV joints instead of u-joints
I did that because I had a u-joint go out on a trail and had not tools to take it out. I had to drive like 30 miles with that think catching. It broke spyder gears and tore up a bunch of stuff. With CV joints I can break one and I dont have to do anything to drive out. I can drive out in 2 wheel with nothing catching up. Plus they have a warrenty through auto zone. I havent broke one yet and its not because I baby it (I drive this jeep like a ATV). I think it works better than u-joints.

I did that because I had a u-joint go out on a trail and had not tools to take it out. I had to drive like 30 miles with that think catching. It broke spyder gears and tore up a bunch of stuff. With CV joints I can break one and I dont have to do anything to drive out. I can drive out in 2 wheel with nothing catching up. Plus they have a warrenty through auto zone. I havent broke one yet and its not because I baby it (I drive this jeep like a ATV). I think it works better than u-joints.
I really would not worry about the bushings, those cvs scare me

Do you know where to get them off the top of your head? Thanks for helpin me out

Do you have a NAPA where you live? Just ask for the stock bushings.

CV's can be strong, however I doubt the Vatozone ones are anything special. But with a lifetime warranty, you might want to go get the proper tools to change them on the trail, and carry spares.:cheers:

good friend has a grand stock lift on 31's, open, open, it eats em. I'm on 33's and couldnt keep the smaller u-joints and shafts in mine. Upgraded to 5-760x joints and chromos. no lookin back. One he blew bound up and required removal to even move the thing. Thay are no better than what you had and likely worse. I wouldnt give them the time of day, or trust them out in the woods

Those are not OEM bushings,there is no bushing shell.

good friend has a grand stock lift on 31's, open, open, it eats em. I'm on 33's and couldnt keep the smaller u-joints and shafts in mine. Upgraded to 5-760x joints and chromos. no lookin back. One he blew bound up and required removal to even move the thing. Thay are no better than what you had and likely worse. I wouldnt give them the time of day, or trust them out in the woods
I hopefully going to go to Farmington NM when I get my crap fixed so that will be the real test. But I do have all the tools to take the hub apart now.

Its not a stock bushing though, I looked at a stock xj and it is not the same bushing. I dont think the guys at oriely's (there is no napa here just an auto zone and a orielys)here are good enough to be able to find a bushing to match without a part #.

Good call on the tools, If you blow one you can take it apart, pull the broke stuff, and reinstall with the outer stub to get you out. Looks like a standard procomp style two peice bushing ( two halves, with the inner sleeve) , If you can't id them , I'd give them a try

I can't find anything...Maybe there close to the rear shackle bushing. I'll check that and just maybe Oriely's people can find something

Back