• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

297 to spend on the cherokee any ideas

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
88 XJ 4.0 6 cyl
i got a 297 dollar grant i want it all to go on the cherokee
Just dont wanna buy anything I dont really need
I think my suspension definitely needs work
and I seem to constantly have high idle
AC not working also i was wondering if this exhaust would work on my jeep it looks nice im gonna attach the pic

http://yfrog.com/jkintakesj

stick it in a savings account for the next time something bad happens to it.

EDIT: that's a 99-01 intake manifold not an exhaust, it won't improve anything (multiple people have determined this) and really should be left alone.

car repair and I dont want the intake manifold to improve anything I just want everything working the way its suppose to I know for sure my manifold has a small crack in it but I can only get to it with the manifold off (i think maybe this is why i get high idle often) I was thinking buy that manifold for 60 bucks then a brand new OEM one what do u think?
by the way too late to save for jeep trouble my jeep is screaming for attention If i dont do something for him soon he's bound to let me have it....
I brought upper n lower ball joints, front shocks, fan clutch, battery cable 48 inches the one i have now is too short..., engine mounts, and power steering pump,

Sound like good choices. Engine mounts you're going to need a good jack or an engine hoist to replace, they aren't that bad, pull the air filter housing out (13mm bolts in the bottom) for the driver side one.

I would also buy a new manifold gasket and a good quality gasket scraper and a few cans of brakleen.

Tighten the bolts maybe.., a new gasket already... seems a lil unreal. I change all gaskets involved with changing the head gasket including the manifold n exhaust gasket (since there together).(like a year ago) I mean if i Have to i will just got alot of work a head of me like this pump not to sure what pulley to get I heard the wrong pulley will really mess things up!
see ya later guys back to work i check later to see what everyone says thanks

high idle is likely the IAC wanting cleaned or a mal adjusted TPS. Search for it.

FWIW I've never seen a cracked intake manifold, so unless someone has grossly overtightened the bolts or whacked it with a sledgehammer it's probably fine. Likely you need to retorque the bolts, or it's an IAC problem.

Now a cracked exhaust manifold on the other hand...

You'll reuse the pulley from the old pump, you'll need the puller, you can rent it at the parts store. DOn't try to take it off any other way or you'll fubar the pulley and have to buy another.,

As far as I know, the manifold gasket isn't reusable (unless you haven't warmed the engine up yet, i.e. realize you forgot to do something and pull the manifold back off 5 minutes after you installed it), which is why I suggested it. It's 9 bucks on rockauto, not much of a budget buster. It also can cause a high idle, so I figured you might need one.

I've never had a manifold gasket NOT turn into a bunch of little pieces when I pull them apart, with some sticking to each side.

As far as I know, the manifold gasket isn't reusable (unless you haven't warmed the engine up yet, i.e. realize you forgot to do something and pull the manifold back off 5 minutes after you installed it), which is why I suggested it. It's 9 bucks on rockauto, not much of a budget buster. It also can cause a high idle, so I figured you might need one.

I've never had a manifold gasket NOT turn into a bunch of little pieces when I pull them apart, with some sticking to each side.

I dont wanna re-use it I just figured my gasket wasn't toast yet thats all.
I thought maybe re-tightning the bolts would be fine but IDK....

I have a puller for the pulley I have a power steering pump im dieing to put in to see if it makes any improvements. I just brought the pump though so
Ill have to re-use the old resavoir

Back