• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The dreaded and much repeated L.E.D. questions

RabidRabit

NAXJA Forum User
1989 XJ
So I've got my brake connected to one tail light and I've got the running connected to the other tail light. When I add the signal lights they don't work. Both my arrows on my dash light up solid and don't blink and nothing at the rear.
I can disconnect one of the other lights and hook up the signals and they work perfectly, but they won't work with anything else. Now I've spent alot of monies building my rig and there won't be much left of it if I can't figure this out. Wouldn't be good. My foot is starting to hurt and my voice is getting hoarse from kicking and swearing at it.
Any ideas?

I've been on a number of boards today and usually the flasher problem is they flash really really quickly. i'm going out to buy one of the new flasher things tommorow and installing it to make sure that's not it. The problem with mine is that flashers wont' work when combined with any other lights.

I wish I only had that many wires to work with. I've got two for each bulb,black & blue(3 bulbs)and one with three wires black, blue and light blue.
Do the black(ground)need to be tied in with their specific light or can I tie them all in together?
This does not include the back up light that I'm doing with other lights already mounted.

I wish I only had that many wires to work with. I've got two for each bulb,black & blue(3 bulbs)and one with three wires black, blue and light blue.
Do the black(ground)need to be tied in with their specific light or can I tie them all in together?
This does not include the back up light that I'm doing with other lights already mounted.

Went out and bought the $23.00 electronic flasher and it didn't do shit. That was a waste of money. Thank god I got the receipt and can get my money back. I'm going to try the trailer wiring idea. I've got to get 4 bulbs down to 2.

If you are trying to get your tail/brake light to work as a blinker too, you need to get a trailer wiring harness for an XJ and use the wires that would connect to the trailer lights to power your lights.

yeah, that's the route I've gone. (Cross fingers) Sure is alot of wires though. I'm just going to wrap them up individually and tuck them in all nice like. Will this set off my dash lights if there not hooked back up to the original lights?

Back