• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much...

NHEric

NAXJA Forum User
I apologize for the "noobiness" of this question in advance....

I recently acquired some 4 1/2" REAR ZJ coils. If I put them in the front of my XJ, what should I expect for net lift?

I ask because I've heard so many different stories.

Thank you in advance.

Eric

With rear coils? I dont think so. I don't remember the numbers, but I'd expect it to be a lot less.

*nod*

The rear of a ZJ doesnt weigh nearly as much as the front of an XJ, nor the coils as long as XJ fronts..

Indeed, but 4.5" lift rear springs would probably be 3" or less lift with the weight of the front of a rig on them, and factor how much shorter they start off as.. RE doesnt list the lengths of them, and I cant find a chart of rear zj spring lengths to even hazard a fair guess.

cool - that's pretty much what I was looking for for info. Check your local classifieds for a for sale or trade. I'm looking to get 4" of lift to match my not yet completed bastard packs for the rear.

I may throw em in just to measure it and know for sure.

On the plus side whatever lift you do get with them I would imagine they will be as soft as pillows... so be a nice fluffy ride.
with that in mind, wonder if getting rear ZJ coils for 6" or more of lift would be a good way of getting a soft ride on 4-5" of lift????
Pop a coil spacer in there for an inch or more and your sitting pretty.

Back