• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no power

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
went to crank the jeep today and it wouldnt start.

when i turn the ignitin on all the electronics work and i can even hear the fuel pump. but when i try to crank the jeep it doesnt want to do anything.

ive checked allthe fuses and tapped the relays but havent replaced them. i have swapped a few around and still nothing.

i attatched a test light to the little wire to the started and it isnt getting power.

i'm going to get my lil bro to check my relays with a voltage tester. then i guess go from there.
anyone else have any ideas? its a 99 auto 4.0
dang i sound like a newby lol

X2 on what joe said.
When mine started acting up it would not start in park or neutral.

I had to resort to holding my foot on the brake while gradually moving the shifter around the "neutral" area and turning the key to start.

If you can get it started....you have probly found your problem.

If you jump from the big lead on the starter to the small lead and it starts, you know that your battery, starter, and big wire and connections are good enough. That leaves you with the circuit through the NSS. Jump it down at the starter to eliminate the easy stuff first. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN PARK, because you would be able to start it in gear and run yourself over.

If you said you had an automatic trans, I missed it? NSS assumes a auto trans.

Back