• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No power

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So after going to spring creek for a day of wheeling in the mountians i realized i have NO power whats so ever. My uncle (who is a mechanic) sugested that i take my specter air filter off and put the stock air box back on, he said that would do better than the cheap-o specter. Well in my opinion he was wrong, now i have no power when im out around town and its really begining to piss me off.

Is there anything i can do to gain some power back?

Specs:
1992 2 door XJ
4.0, AX15, 231
D30/35 (3.07) dont want to spend money on new gears
31's

Thanks
-garrett

You should look into getting an intake from a 99+. They are larger a bit larger and produce more power and fit the older models. If i remember right, there will need to be some modification for the alternator mount for the Renix blocks.

Well, why no power? You had power enough, and now its gone, right?

Tune up: cap, rotor, wires, plugs, air filter.

Fuel pressure? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Done a compression check lately?

While going to the trouble of installing a 99+ intake might give you a little better throttle response, it isn't going to do much in the way of power--JP Magazine actually dynoed one 4.0 and it LOST HP.

Back