• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differential Covers and Rock Sliders

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what you guys are running. I am about to put in some new guts in my axles and sure as heck dont want to mess the ARB's or gears up. I have to have matching ones cause it would annoy me to no end to see different ones. I would really like to grab a set form a vendor on here. I have been looking at Ruffstuffs covers and Riddler covers. Oh yeah, I have a D30 and C8.25.

Second part, Sliders? I am going to build a set and sell the ones I have now. I seen some at Noobfest that someone on here built for them that looked pretty good. I was wondering how far yours stick out from the body, how they bolt up, etc. Pics are always welcome.

Thanks Guys :wave1:

I went with Ruffstuff front and rear after this happened.

IMG_0166.jpg

No more worries. :cool:

IMG_0163.jpg

As for sliders I built mine, and used 1.5x3x.120 rectangular tube. The material is a little small (but free!), but I haven't been able to severely bend them after four years on the Jeep. I held them out to the lower body line on the door (where your door guards are). I originally used three supports (2x1x.120) to the frame that tie in with standard self tappers, and then I tied a piece of flat bar to the pinch seam and frame supports with 8, 5/16 bolts.

Take a look on JCR's and AJ's sites and you can get a good idea of the basic slider design. Then crawl under the Jeep and see what you have to work with.

Very happy with my Riddler covers! Its funny and annoying at the same time when random "wheelers" are watching you and freaking out when you hit your diffs. "Whoa whoa stop dude you're hitting your diffs on that rock..." noobs...:looser:

haha, yeah. I just want to take care of my investment now rather then later. The wife chimed in and she likes the Riddler ones as well. They will cost me at least another 20 bucks a pop but they may be worth it? Also on the rock slider side of things any of you guys like ajsoffroadarmor.com? The "SuperRails" they have are kinda what I was going to build.

I went with Ruffstuff front and rear after this happened.

IMG_0166.jpg

looks exactly like my stock 44 cover looked after NWfest a couple years ago

X2 on the FuffStuff cover I own two and they ship fast. I had tracking numbers within 15 minutes when i ordered mine.

SDC10503.jpg

Diff1.jpg

I dont have diff covers, or rock sliders :guitar:

Riddler covers and 2x6x1/4 square tube for rocker replacements/sliders. I used to run JCR Stage 2 sliders though, and had good luck with them.

~Scott

I have "SOLID" covers front and rear.

I made my own sliders (square tube with 4 "arms" to the frame and attacked all along the pinch seam). The sliders are the only thing on my Jeep that I would re-do at the moment.

I would seariously consider rocker replacements instead. 2x6 or 8 and weld it in.

Michael

Maybe spring for ARB covers since you just dropped all that coin for there lockers. I have a Crane chromoly cover up front and stock one out back. I bent the lip on the stock one at rausch recently so I may be ordering the ARB cover.

Im about to order a set of AJ's "Super Square" sliders because they work well as steps.

CRANE chromoly covers front and rear, mainly because the people who run CRANE are great to hangout with.

-Alex

The ARB covers are worth the extra coin. The bolts are recessed, the dip stick on the fill plug is useful and the drain plug is magnetic.

Full rocker replacment with 3" x 6" square tube is a solid upgrade.

I was going to go the ARB route till I discovered that ARB doesn't make a cover for the C8.25, or at least I could never find one which I thought was odd cause they obviously make a locker for it. I was going to do the weld in thing but I just hate to cut into the body that much. Plus you can never go back, but they are much better. Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.

I was going to go the ARB route till I discovered that ARB doesn't make a cover for the C8.25, or at least I could never find one which I thought was odd cause they obviously make a locker for it. I was going to do the weld in thing but I just hate to cut into the body that much. Plus you can never go back, but they are much better. Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.
So far ARB only makes D30/D44 and Possibly a D60 Cover (have yet to see one)

CRANE chromoly covers front and rear, mainly because the people who run CRANE are great to hangout with.

-Alex

yeah crane's are probably the strongest out there. Others are more then adequate, Cranes are just a step above that IMO.

Im thinking an ARB cover for the rear because it has that dipstick, magnet and separate drain hole. A feel all those extras will benefit the longevity of my rear air locker.

In the front I just have a lock right, but the front diff takes more direct hits.

Back