• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help for a friend

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got a really good friend of mine moving up to WA specifically puegot sound area (sp) and was hoping my fellow naxja members could point him towards a job in the area or do you know someone looking to hire??? He is a mechanic 25 years and is certified in just about everything up to and including most of the newer hybrids and their battery systems(not 100% sure on the battery part but the rest of the hybrids he can handle for sure).. He needs a job to provide for his family and has been in AZ for his entire life so this is a big move for him and was just trying to help him like he's done for me and mine over the years... He has done everything from basic work up to shop foreman(his last gig a victim of the recession) and has other skills but I will let him speak up for himself on the other skills..

He will be up there the first of next month so that is the time frame for him to do interviews or whatever comes his way...

Thanks much fellow members you can either post here or pm me with info that I can relay to him and he will call you or if he says yes Ill pass his # along to you good folks.

themud

PS a side note about his skills when I can't fix my jeep or my wifes (I have owned jeeps for 13+ years and have done pretty much everything) it goes to his place and has never needed to go any further..

There are heaps of dealerships in Puyallup, Bellevue, and Everett. Those would be good areas to start checking.

Rich

I wish the best of luck to him on his move. I do kind of wonder though, that's a hell of a move with out a job already lined up for when he gets there, any reason for the move or is he just looking for a change in life? The jobs and what not aren't much better here then they are anywhere else. I'm not talking bad about the guy or anything that just seems like a big move and big chance to take with a family and all with out something lined up and waiting for him.

CJ

I wish the best of luck to him on his move. I do kind of wonder though, that's a hell of a move with out a job already lined up for when he gets there, any reason for the move or is he just looking for a change in life? The jobs and what not aren't much better here then they are anywhere else. I'm not talking bad about the guy or anything that just seems like a big move and big chance to take with a family and all with out something lined up and waiting for him.

CJ

It's all about being with his family that's the reason for the move and I was just trying to help him hopefully get something lined up for at least interviews or such before he gets up there... I am willing to be a middle man the only he can't do right now is be there for the interview until the first of Aug... As far as the jobs thing AZ is tough as are the rest but if you can't work you might as well be with family and not soloing it out most of his and his wifes family are up there they do have a place to stay lined up...

Again thanks for the help guys and more info is really appreciated...

Daniel

Puget Sound is a fairly broad area, you got any area specifically?

As previously mentioned, tons of dealers in Puyallup, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, and a few off-road shops as well (Billy Bob's in Milton near Puyallup, one down in Smokey Point whose name I can't remember).

Shoot me a PM when he gets up here and I'll shoot ya my number, should be able to help get him sorted out and squared away depending on where he settles in to live.

Give me a PM with his actual area and I can give you a list of quality shops. The market up here isn't the best right now but some shops are starting to get back in the swing.

Hit you back bud, you have a PM.

Back