• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power stearing pump Q.

wj pump

Last edited:
Just take the output line off of the pump and remove the adapter it screws into. Take a drill bit a couple of drill sizes bigger than the hole in the orifice and drill it out. Install a smaller pulley and you should have plenty of flow and pressure. Cost= $0.0 if you have some drill bits, and $65 for the pulley from PSC.

Thats a pretty good tip. Do you guys all run stock pumps for the most part? Anyone know of an electric pump available?

No, I never run a stock pump. A good performance pump is the same cost as a new stock pump from an auto parts store. I do run the smaller pulley, which is highly recommended for hydro assist or full hydro, but like John said should also work well with a stock pump.

I don't know of anyone with any 4x4 or rock buggy or desert truck that runs an electric PS pump. Running the pump off the serpentine belt works very well.

99-04 grand cherokee, V8.

bolts into 96+ XJs with the newer style belt routing. more pressure, larger resi, just gotta plug that 2nd return line real good so it doesnt leak.

No, I never run a stock pump. A good performance pump is the same cost as a new stock pump from an auto parts store. I do run the smaller pulley, which is highly recommended for hydro assist or full hydro, but like John said should also work well with a stock pump.

I don't know of anyone with any 4x4 or rock buggy or desert truck that runs an electric PS pump. Running the pump off the serpentine belt works very well.

Got a source for the performance pump?

Hate to jack a thread, but are you guys running stock steering boxes as well? I really dont like the variable ratio, anyone run a YJ box? I know its possible and everything, just want to know if ya like it!

a YJ box? is that a bolt in with out spaceing i now the durango is but u need to space out from the frame cuz its a bigger bore may be of thinking of doing that istead of the durango its a batter box then the xj's to lazy to order the backit for the durangos :speepin:

Last edited:
99-04 grand cherokee, V8.

bolts into 96+ XJs with the newer style belt routing. more pressure, larger resi, just gotta plug that 2nd return line real good so it doesnt leak.

what do u meen newer style belt routing i have a 2000 is that the newer style belt routing

Back