• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my xj will not start, 93' 4.0L, im mad

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
so this thing looks alright, i got a new fuel filter for it and junkyard air fuel control sensors and a throttle position sensor the best looking ones i could find. and this thing will crank but wont start, fuel pressure is good atleast when i crank it. any ideas?

1. Determine the EXACT missing element--you have already spent too much time poking at it with parts.

FUEL
AIR
COMPRESSION
SPARK
ALL AT THE RIGHT TIME
ALL IN THE RIGHT PLACES

2. Having fuel pressure doesn't mean SQUAT if there is no firing impulse to the injectors.

3. Having fuel pressure and a firing impulse to the injectors doesn't mean SQUAT if you have no spark.

4. Fuel pressure, firing impulse, spark--none of them mean SQUAT if you don't have enough compression.

5. If the rotor isn't turning, or the distributor is not indexed correctly, or the plug wires are totally screwed up, then nothing is going to work right.

You can check the if injectors are getting fire or not with a noid light. Autopart stores will let you rent em.
I'm with joe...need to find the missing component in the mix.

Back