• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auto trans shifting problems

rjgoin

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 96 cherokee, and one day i was out in the woods wheelin, got completely buried up to my seats. got out n my DAMN KEYS FELL IN THE XXXXIN HOLE.....and i thought shit i dont have a spare, so i skimmed the hole for probably about an hour...keys er gone. so i got pissed tore the steering column apart hotwired the bitch got er runnnin n everything, but it wouldnt shift otta park, so i broke that allll to shit, n now i cant put it in park.

so my question is, is what can i do to fix my shifter so i can at least put it in park n do some rocking with my trans. cuz i have to use a screwdriver to push the little peice of metal down to get it to shift in and out of d, 1-2, r etc......?!?!?!?! anyyyysuggestions.

Go to the salvage yard and buy a new shifter assembly, park lock cable assembly, and probably a steering column.

Back