• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turbo

dss

NAXJA Forum User
hey, i have an 89 jeep with a stroker engine. I got an 89 motor that im planning on putting turbo on it. but i need some help. I need to find a way to make my computer handle the turbo and i have talked to some shops and they told me the computer might be to old to be reprogamed. I was thinking maybe it would be easier to make it a carburated engine and maybe it would run a little better. does anybody have any suggestions of how i can make the fuel injection work with the turbo.

Check out the performance section on here.

Megasquirt would work..And there is plenty of info in performance about turbos and fuel system info.

dss said:
hey, i have an 89 jeep with a stroker engine. I got an 89 motor that im planning on putting turbo on it. but i need some help. I need to find a way to make my computer handle the turbo and i have talked to some shops and they told me the computer might be to old to be reprogamed. I was thinking maybe it would be easier to make it a carburated engine and maybe it would run a little better. does anybody have any suggestions of how i can make the fuel injection work with the turbo.

First off, and not to be rude at all here. But if your asking this question maybe your in over your head and you should look in to a shop that has this knowledge and can perform this for you, and that will even be difficult to find...

But to get to your question. There are alot of methods to accomplish this.. Stand alone fuel management systems, as well as piggy back or even just rising rate fuel system and map clamp, are all possable solutions.

Again though if this is unknown to you then maybe its a bit beyond yoru scope? You would be just as happy I believe with a Supercharger, of which is much easier to fit, tune and find.

ROBERTK said:
First off, and not to be rude at all here. But if your asking this question maybe your in over your head and you should look in to a shop that has this knowledge and can perform this for you, and that will even be difficult to find...

But to get to your question. There are alot of methods to accomplish this.. Stand alone fuel management systems, as well as piggy back or even just rising rate fuel system and map clamp, are all possable solutions.

Again though if this is unknown to you then maybe its a bit beyond yoru scope? You would be just as happy I believe with a Supercharger, of which is much easier to fit, tune and find.

Interesting point. A supercharger would be easier.

The one thing I have learned over the years...NOTHING is beyond my ability if I am willing to ask questions, read material and TRY. Shops or STEALERships rape you for serious cash that can be used elsewhere.

Bouncy said:
Interesting point. A supercharger would be easier.

The one thing I have learned over the years...NOTHING is beyond my ability if I am willing to ask questions, read material and TRY. Shops or STEALERships rape you for serious cash that can be used elsewhere.

Yeah seeing as there are pre made kits for the Cherokee, maybe not for the renix though? but even so it would be alot ALOT less fab and uncertainy of it ever really fitting or issues due to fitment.

As for what to run.. Cheaper and very effective and awesome setup.. Greddy Emanage and E-01. More expensive and more powerfull, maybe not all that much better then the greddy 'piggyback' setup, is the Electromotive tec-3 (tec-3r now). But that is just as much work with the electronics as with the good luck turbo fitment...

Bouncy said:
Check out the performance section on here.

Megasquirt would work..And there is plenty of info in performance about turbos and fuel system info.
X2, the Street & Performance forum will give you lots to think about...

:thumbup:

Back