• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle vs. Xmember seperation

blacklabel000

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im right in the middle of figuring out my brackets for my long arms.

im building a 3 link, the bracket for the UCA is going on the passenger side, but i only have enough room to have 4" seperation on the crossmemeber side(without loosing too much ground clearance) and 7" on the axle side.

in a nutshell, my question is---can i have 4" of seperation on the xmember end, and 7" on the axle end and not have any problems?

thanks in advance,
-Nick

The issue is more arm angles than separation. Separation amount determines arm angles, the arm angles are the goal. More separation also decreases the torque load on the mounts, but that is an issue of mount strength and not handling. The arm angles and their relationship to each other determine handling. The closer the frame side upper and lower mounts are to each other the more it will handle like a radius arm. To answer your question, you won't have any problems with 4" at the frame and 7" at the axle, but I can't comment on the handling.

BTW, if you went mid-arm, you wouldn't have separation issues. :D

Last edited:
I have only about 3" separation at the crossmember but the upper arms are almost level where the lower arms slant up toward the crossmember at like 15 degrees or so. I am absolutely thrilled with the handling and capability of my setup.

Back