• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny cooler return line pressure connector

dspenz

NAXJA Forum User
2000 xj replacing radiator and down to the return line for the tranny. I bought the fuel line tool in order to get it off but I am trying to muscle it back on and not having any luck. It took all I could muster just to get the spring/clamp on the end of the hose up to the nippled ring on the brass fixture coming out of the radiator, but I cant get it over that spring and clamped on.

Two days been trying with my bare hands, no luck.

Any suggestions? Is there a trick? Do I use the tool to put it back on too? Should I pull it out (which is a bitch) and lube it? Should I buy a new hose?

Its not frustrating or anything.....

I just did this also. Well I replaced the lower trans cooler line. Was a Bi*tC$ to get off and back on. I am not sure if there is a difference but I have a 91, the connection at the cooler wasnt too bad, but the connection to the trans sucked. I ended up using the old plastic clip thingy that held the old hose in. It was still a pain in the ass but alot easier than trying to get the new one on.

cut the line close to the fitting, then use a hose clamp on the new radiator

cut the line close to the fitting, then use a hose clamp on the new radiator

Wasnt an option for me as the leak coming from the hose was at the crimped fitting. Also there have been several writeups on this, seems to be a mixed success in the fix. Good luck.

Same issue on mine a while back. Ended up taking it to the local repair shop to get it off. I was only adding a cooler so it was not a big deal.

Back