• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel inj, fuel leaks.

mcnamaag

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday on here I noticed a list of Injectors that could be interchanged with my 87 4.0

I have a leaking injector and would like to upgrade to better ones but now I cant find the list does anyone still have it?

I have been chasing fuel leaks on this Jeep for over a month. It seams that I fix one and a new one springs up. The Jeep has 250,000 miles and sat for about 2 years before I bought it and started to use it as a DD. Its very reliable always starts and drives great(minor issues nothing major) exept for these damn fuel leaks. I have replaced the fuel line's from the tank, the fuel filter, 0-rings on the injectors, and now the injectors are leaking. Can anyone think of somthing else I need to do as prevenitive maint I dont want to burn up my new ride and would rather spend the money now to do it right than to half ass it and burn my Jeep to the ground. THANKS!!!:dunno:

Replace your old injectors with new orange-top Ford 19lb/hr injectors from a 5.0 Mustang. You'll find them cheap in ebay. You'll need to replace the injector o-rings and I suggest you replace the o-ring for the fuel pressure regulator as well.

Ok what year Mustang? I have all of the o-rings for the rail and the line's. Do the connectors match or do I need to rewire the plugs on my harness for the 5.0 injectors? Thanks for the fast replies!!

Go to http://www.fiveomotorsport.com for set of new 19# injectors. I got a set of the (#710) Bosch type III for just over $200, or try ebay for a used set. Your fuel line has three quick disconnect fittings, "O" rings with spacers, that should not be reused, and on a rig with that many miles, should be replaced. It's called a "fuel line repair kit", goes for about $12 @ crown online, more at the dealer. Electrical connectors fit, but be careful with the small clips that hold them on. Good luck.

I just pulled injectors from a mid '90s Ford v8 like a crown vic, but this was for a '91+ engine. They (ford injectors) have a 4 hole spray nozzle instead of the single like the jeep injectors.

Back