• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Currie XJ suspension

NRT_Chris

NAXJA Forum User
The Currie Johnny Joint® 4 1/2" off road suspension system for the 1984-2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee allows for easy fitment of 32" tires, and up to 33" tires with some minor trimming. Kit includes front and rear lifted springs, Johnny Joint front lower adjustable control arms, Johnny Joint® front adjustable trac bar, front bump stop kit, rear u-bolt plates with integral bump stop mount and adjustable bump stops, and new grade 8 u-bolts for 2 3/4" tubes with nuts and washers.

CE-9800XJ.jpg

Interesting. So, how's it compare to what's out there for 4.5 lifts, now?

Inquiring minds want to know.....:greensmok

The Johnny Joints are superior to any of the copies on the market and the adjustable rear bumpstop plate doesn't come on any other kit that I'm aware of. The leafs are a entry level spring kit suitable for trails and street. For more extreme application we carry Deaver springs as a option. The track bar is our new bar that is all 4130 chrome moly. The parts in this kit are race proven in Jeepspeed. Three straight championships in 2007,08, and 09 make Currie Xj parts the winningest in Jeepspeed history. If these parts can put up with the riggers of desert racing they will take whatever the average jeeper will put them through.

When did you guys start carrying Deaver again? I thought there was some big to do with those Sportsman springs, back in the day. Are you guys carrying their progressive coils at all? I don't see them on the site. Great to see someone stocking Deaver again. Best of the best.

Last edited:
When did you guys start carrying Deaver again? I thought there was some big to do with those Sportsman springs, back in the day. Are you guys carrying their progressive coils at all? I don't see them on the site. Great to see someone stocking Deaver again. Best of the best.

The "to do" with the sportman springs had to do with a misprint in our old catalog. It said they were a 4" lifted spring when they were really a 3" and the other inch came from the shackles we carry. The other issue was the price. When Currie had YJ and CJ lifts they were buying A higher volume of springs so the cost was lower. Currie stopped carring leaf spring kits and the price on the XJ springs went way up.

The new Currie springs we have are a progressive coil.

damn dude, time to clean up your sandy vag.

Back to the lift, what is the spring rate of your progressive coils? I'm looking for a 5.5" lift height.

Thanks,
Mike

damn dude, time to clean up your sandy vag.

Back to the lift, what is the spring rate of your progressive coils? I'm looking for a 5.5" lift height.

Thanks,
Mike

Was this directed at me?

The lift is only 4 inches by itself, you could add some ACOS and teller rear shackles for more. The spring is pretty soft. Its a 155 I believe. They are the same coil we use in the JK kit.

No it wasn't. The post was deleted along with mine. Some other dude had the sandy vag.

Man If this kit wasn't $1300 and I didn't have OME stuff on the way I would totally get it! I like those bumpstop plates Though, I may have to consider those.

Does anyone have this kit?What are your thoughts?
my thoughts are, " this grey rainy weekend sucks for doing yard work!!! " oh, by the way, no, no one has this kit. sorry

Back