• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Lift Issue

NC_XJ1

NAXJA Forum User
I have found a great deal of info here but nothing that describes the problem I am having..

96 XJ with Rusty's 4.5 lift and Spacers on front coils. I bought the rig with the lift already installed but it had a bad AW4 in it so I never drove it. After replacing the transmission and driving it I have found that the sway bar disconnects are hitting the trac bar bracket on the frame. It has a Rusty's trac bar as well, it also seems that the axle needs to go towards the passenger side a bit more as well which will make the problem worse. I can easily cut and weld the bracket to make it flat but I feel there must be something I missing unless this is a common problem. Thanks for the help...

They make a relocation bracket for the sway bar mounts that might help but you need to make sure your axle is centered properly front to back and side to side first, that may be your problem. Pinion/caster angle is usually another problem, the axle is usually tilted too far forward or backward making contact with various steering parts. A wheel alignment might show you what if anything needs adjusting. Mine did the same thing so I eventually just scrapped the whole swaybar all together. It rides just fine without it.

Back