• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Fest Carnage Report

Mc2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I came out relatively damage-free, surprisingly. :D

This
IMG_0004.jpg

Caused this
IMG_0031.jpg

Broke the shift linkage
IMG_0026.jpg

Crushed the fender flush but the plastic helped pull it back out
IMG_0014.jpg

Full on ripped the bumper
IMG_0012.jpg

which caused this
IMG_0010.jpg

Helped the tie rod become a little more crooked.
IMG_0002.jpg

Dented the new muffler and well, the driveshaft just doesn't look right. :roflmao:
IMG_0024.jpg

Hard to tell, but I put a dent in the sticker.
IMG_0020.jpg

This one was a given
IMG_0019.jpg

Whacha got?!

1. Hit a tree and broke a Hella 500
2. Broke the spring on my CB antenna
3. Shattered the rear passenger window
4. Ran over a branch that pulled the fuel pump connector apart, and caused a slight fuel leak at the pump
5. Coolant bottle cap exploded

I'm sure I'll find more as soon as I wash it.

Also, as some pointed out we didn't give out a carnage award this year. John still has the trophy at ACRO for some upgrades, and I was thinking we could do a poll on here for who deserves it the most. So lets see the carnage reports, and I'll get a poll going in a few days.

Missing both quarter back windows, and full back window. Roof buckled at the back and part of the hatch skin torn off. All from the flop. lol One of the quarter windows was from a tree on a trail. Its not like it was pretty before though...

Oh, and the steering column is now completely broke. I had to tape it to stop it from rotating and shutting the jeep off or locking up on me. Then when I wanted to shut it off I had to untape it again. lol That was my fault though, I tried to force the steering wheel back to unlock it while coming back on to the tires after the flop.

No carnage. Kind of bummed.

Will try harder trails next year lol

I say we take some of you guys up rimrock area sometime soon... :thumbup:

my brake lights stopped working for some reason.
pretty nasty carnage.

Did you accidently kick the connector off the switch on the top of your break pedal under the dash. Done that a couple of times.

I don't have pictures, but I tweaked both rear flares, and the right front is stitched on with bailing wire. The rear half of my exhaust is also held on with wire now. I further bent the right front fender, and the right side of the front bumper. I broke the right front running light, dented all four 1/3 doors, dented the right rear quarter panel, broke the right tail light, bent the rear bumper, and dented the drip rail above the left rear quarter window. My rear pinion yolk is loose, and I lost a mud flap on the way home. My Indiana Jones hat also blew out the window somewhere near Goldendale. Almost forgot the driver's side broken hub, passenger side broken hub dial, and shaft u-joint.

Popped the passenger front tire off the bead, fixed
A few scratches on the sides of the back bumper (likely would've torn off the plastic corners if I still had them.
A few more dents on the driver side rocker panel :gonnablow
Discovered a very leaky transmission about Hood River but made it home without it blowing up. Fluid all over the place under there

Oh yeah, also dropped my phone into the squeegie bucket at the gas station in Hermiston. Fingers crossed that it'll survive. I've got it drying for a while so I'll wait a bit..

1. Hit a tree and broke a Hella 500
2. Broke the spring on my CB antenna
3. Shattered the rear passenger window
4. Ran over a branch that pulled the fuel pump connector apart, and caused a slight fuel leak at the pump
5. Coolant bottle cap exploded

I'm sure I'll find more as soon as I wash it.

Also, as some pointed out we didn't give out a carnage award this year. John still has the trophy at ACRO for some upgrades, and I was thinking we could do a poll on here for who deserves it the most. So lets see the carnage reports, and I'll get a poll going in a few days.

Did you get that flare put back on?

Someone backed into me while I was parked at funny rocks.

I got nothin... other than a few parts that were in need of some TLC before are now really in need or completely shot ! Steering is loose like a crack whore, all the control arm bushings are loose, the superflex joints need adjusted, oh and i think my exhaust manifold is leaking again. Other than that my cage showed a few trees who's boss, but no dents, just missing paint and tree sap, lol.

Yes, in my crazy couple of weeks leading up to the event, I completely spaced bringing the Carnage Trophy. We can run a poll here and award it post-event. My vote goes to Matt West:

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Yes, in my crazy couple of weeks leading up to the event, I completely spaced bringing the Carnage Trophy. We can run a poll here and award it post-event. My vote goes to Matt West:

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg
ahh so thats what my brother was talking about.. he told me he stopped and talked to a guy that broke down..something about he lost a shaft...

Back