• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windows and Lock HELP Needed!

Bama13

NAXJA Forum User
I have a very nice 1998 Jeep Classic with 153,000 miles. The problem I am having is the driver side controls for the windows operates all the windows, but the other window switches do not operate the windows. I can not find any bad wiring so not sure where to go from here. Also, when I start the Jeep with either front door open, the Jeep's doors lock. Been locked out twice with Jeep running!!! Is this supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a very nice 1998 Jeep Classic with 153,000 miles. The problem I am having is the driver side controls for the windows operates all the windows, but the other window switches do not operate the windows. I can not find any bad wiring so not sure where to go from here. Also, when I start the Jeep with either front door open, the Jeep's doors lock. Been locked out twice with Jeep running!!! Is this supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like a bad switch on the drivers side door IIRC. AS for thte lock are you sure its not you stepping on the brake that locks them? Going to move this to OEM tech. Welcome to the site.

Sounds like a bad switch on the drivers side door IIRC.

Yup. Very common in the 97+ era. Most including myself just solder a jumper wire and bypass the lock completely. Search around for the instructions on how to do it. It's a really simple fix..takes maybe 10 minutes.

Back