• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Issues

nmiller015

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed tonight that my front right head light is out in low beam, but seems to work fine in high, I figure this must be an electrical problem because the light still comes on in high. I was planning to get Sylvania Xtravisions for it soon, so should I buy those, or is this an issue i can fix at home.

P.S.- I tried searching with no luck

Any help is greatly appreciated :wave1:

Nick

1997 4.0 NP231 AW4

In the fuse panel in the cabin footwell (kick panel) there should be one fuse each for right and left hand side, hi & lo beams ....

4 fuses in total.

If your front right low beam headlight fuse is ok ..... pull the sealed beam out of the nose cone and apply direct, fused power and ground to the correct terminals.

Most likely you will find the lo beam filament is burned out .... It happens with age ... same as they go yellow and duller.

Sealed beam headlights are dinosaur technology .... If you have to buy a replacement new sealed beam (lense) .... do yourself a favour and upgrade to H4.

If its already H4 ..... just put a new bulb in it.

Last edited:
First thing to do with headlight issues is to clean the connector and the prongs on the lamp.

Second, check if there is a burned filament.

Third, check for power to the connector and a good ground.

If there is no power then work your way back to the PDC.

first things first... throw the sealed beam in the garbage. slyvania? are you XXXXing joking
? stop hitting the tv crack pipe. you cant see for miles and miles....
headlights are one of the most popular topics on this board, it has been discussed for years. if you dont have a clue, you're not trying.

Back