• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rimrock

AdamGBabcock

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever explored the 4x4 trails out there? I hear they're steep but lead to some views/campsites that are well worth the outing. Just wondering if anyone had any experiences worth sharing, or pics =).

Thanks

Just about every other weekend man. Beautiful country but it can get pretty nasty. The lower trails arent usually too steep except a couple short climbs, mostly really muddy and sloppy. The mud of here is more of a clay and you got to keep those tires spinning to clean em out. Once you get higher up it dryer but stuff gets off camber and steep, lots of shale rock and tight trails. Ill see if I can get some pics up for you soon.

Not very XJ friendly, at least if you value your glass and body work.
Dunno about others, but I'm fine with body-lovin'. As long as the doors seal and the windows are either intact, or the frames are in good shape to easily replace, then I'm happy.

Just about every other weekend man. Beautiful country but it can get pretty nasty. The lower trails arent usually too steep except a couple short climbs, mostly really muddy and sloppy. The mud of here is more of a clay and you got to keep those tires spinning to clean em out. Once you get higher up it dryer but stuff gets off camber and steep, lots of shale rock and tight trails. Ill see if I can get some pics up for you soon.

Sounds very similar to liberty trails.

rim rock is about ten times worse than liberty. liberty is nothing compared to rim rock

Back