• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 Gears (4.88)

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, but didn't find anything? I was wondering if any of you guys have 4.88 gears in your C8.25 rear end and what brand did you use. I can only find one company that makes them Nitro Gear. I want to keep my C8.25 and D30 and have the 4.88 option since I will be going to 35's in the future. Also if you do have them did you have to clearance anything? Thanks for the help in advance!

Nitro is the only company making the 4.88's for the 8.25. We've installed several sets with good results. What do you mean by clearance anything? If you're talking about having to grind a tooth for center pin clearance, then yes. It's fairly common with other axles as well and doesn't compromise strength or anything.

John

Thanks John.

I checked into the vendor section and found someone who sells them, rwkhaussupply.com I am going to get a set from them as well as the install kits if the price is right.....which if they are as reasonable as he quoted me on the gears then it should be a go. I will then learn how to put my own gears and lockers in for the first time :rof:

let me know how that install goes for you. i have thought about doing my own before but it requires some special tools and knowledge that i don't have. i have read some walkthroughs and they loose me in the backlash part. if everything goes well i may have to pick your brain.

I have a friend with some good tools for the setup. Problem is his job requires him to be out of town during the summer months so he cant help me since he has done them before. At least he will let me use his tools!!!!!

Feel free to pick my brain when I'm finished :cheers:

Back