• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spacers?

cuboulder96xj

NAXJA Forum User
what type of material is recommended for a coil spacer? polyurethane or aluminum? i can imagine the polyurethane would squish over time, while the aluminum would give a harsher ride...any ideas? i could be way wrong. also, any recommendations for a spacer for a XJ looking for about another 2" of lift? thanks guys.

btw, i'm looking to become a member in the next few days or so :cheers:

mine are only about a year old and did this:
Picture275.jpg

so i would say go with the metal ones

maybe you flexed so much the coil "unseated" (i think i just made that word up), and the spacer moved and got jacked up when the coil returned back to position...

anyways i am leaning towards poly since it absorbs more and i'm thinking aluminum would clunk around and make funny noises in front.

From what I've seen the aluminum one will hold up better. If you install it with the factory rubber isolator the ride will remain nice.

both work fine 99.9% of the time. If you're going to use the stock coils isolator (which is good for about 1/2") it won't matter if the spacer is "absorbing" or not. If you're not going to use it, I can see how the poly would be better than aluminum.

or you can do the cheap, junkyard way and stack stock isolators.

ArcticCat843 said:
They are teraflex 1.5 inch spacers
the other side was fine
Picture274.jpg

I dont really know why they did that but i wont use them again

Shouldn't the spacer be between the stock isolater and the body of the Jeep?

Back