• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metal battery tray and Inverter suggestion.

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I recently was replacing my yellow top and I noticed my plastic battery tray in my 2000 was cracked. Its a pretty flimsy piece to begin with, so Im looking for a metal replacement.

This is really the only thing i think will work: http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/10262/10002/-1

Its a metal battery relocation kit. Its actually a pretty good price I think. I really dont mind having my battery under the hood, I have enough space, especially since I just junked my AC crap.

So, what is a good replacement battery tray?

----------------------

At my work I picked up a used outside waterproof outlet. basically a metal box with a door lined with black foam. Its got an outlet already installed with 3 wires coming out of the box (black, white, copper wrapped in paper)

well now I want to mount this box on the outside of my jeep and get a sweet inverter. I have never bought an inverter before and I have a ton of options. Is it a waste of money to get a cheapo one?

I will probably use it mostly to charge ipod/ cell, run Christmas lights
MAYBE even run a tv/ x box off of it!!! That would be pretty crazy.

SO what inverter is a good bet, I could spend upwards of $100 on this if it is worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Keep in mind that most of our OBDII battery trays have a temperature sender under them, don't know what year that started but my 98 has one, I think both our 97TJ's have them but I would have to look to be sure as well as our 97ZJ.

Back