• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WELDING

Mountaincajun

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone see a problem with me welding the two drop brackets together on my cherokee. One attaches the control arm to the front axle the other attaches under the frame and the tranny skid plate,the two piece drop brackets are bolted together. Currently they are torqued to specs but they continuously are loose or the split washers get stretched out of shape. I would like to weld the two pieces together(not to the frame though) any thoughts. Yes i agree i need to scrape the whole thing and go with a long arm kit but im on a budget with all the other Da_n toys.

I don't see a problem with that plan. I've welded bolted-together joints that work loose before. Just make sure that you stitch-weld it (inch long beads) in an area that can be ground off in the event you need to remove it.

Back