• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm crossmember

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Who makes a longarm crossmember That I can buy? Im buying some rustys long arms but need to buy a crossmember. Who makes one. I couldent find rustys long arm crossmember just to buy and Im not paying what Claytons wants for theres. What can i do?

Not that i will be much help on helping you find a crossmember... Just wondering why you would buy just the arms? Where did the orig. crossmember go?

Not that i will be much help on helping you find a crossmember... Just wondering why you would buy just the arms? Where did the orig. crossmember go?

The guy is just selling the arms. Not the crossmember

i made one just like claytons for like $40 bucks. but that is if you have a welder..

I have a welder and have fab skills to. But I just dont have a clue as to how to build one. If I could find some detailed writeups then I prob would. Any help?

I seriously wouldn't waste the money on Rustys arms no matter how good the deal is. If you are going to fab or buy a different crossmember you are better off just buying a full kit or making everything yourself.

I'm with Wil, don't waste the money on Rusty's crap. Two of my buddies have Rusty's LA's and I'll outflex them all day long.

One other guy has a homebrew long-arm setup, also outflexes the cRusty's crap.

Pass.

Rusty's arms should have nothing to do with the amount of flex a vehicle can get. A radius arm is a radius arm really. I had Rustys on my Jeep the first time I lifted it and I was able to out flex a lot of others.

The things I found wrong with Rustys was the quality of the parts used to produce them. They used to (hoping they no longer do) use that large crappy acme thread along with a shitty tube end that would start to elongate and jiggle around. So once that started to happen they had to go. The last thing I wanted was to have the rod end separate from the arm itself while out wheeling.

Back