• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hole in engine block - ramifications

seanyb505

NAXJA Forum User
picture.php

I dont remember seeing this hole the last time I had everything apart. It doesnt looked factory installed. Its directly behind the cam gear. The pushrod doesnt look bent and there were no unexplained noises when it was running. The engine is being torn down to determine a low oil pressure issue. This doesnt look like an oil passage, so I cant imagine it is related. Im thinking new engine block just to be safe.

I don't remember seeing that hole either--most likely because you didn't post an image of what you are talking about. :eek:

Your image doesn't work... you are hotlinking, even when I go directly to the URL I get nothing, the file was probably deleted by the host.

Try uploading it using imageshack.us and paste the code from the box marked "forum code" here.

user91096_pic13102_1277167686.jpg

I found on jeepstrokers someone else thought the same as I - it wasnt supposed to be there. But it turns out its normal. I just didnt notice it the first time around.

Back