• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ RearWiper Motor Q

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I know that you can swap rear wiper motors from any year BUT the pig-tails are different. So my question is on the 97+ rear wiper motors do they use the same pig-tails as the 91-96 XJ's?

Can you just take it apart and fix it? Change and clean the brushes and also the parking mechanism...re-grease with dielectric silcone and you're off.

Or you can cut the pigtail off...solder and heat shrink the proper one on there.

AlohaBra said:
Can you just take it apart and fix it? Change and clean the brushes and also the parking mechanism...re-grease with dielectric silcone and you're off.

Or you can cut the pigtail off...solder and heat shrink the proper one on there.

that is what i did with my '96. i got a junk yard unit and wired her up....

I have a 94 unit and I need to put it into a 98, I would have rebuilt the one in there BUT the truck did not have one when purchased and I won't be able to take a look at it in person until next week due to me being 700 miles away from it.

I know that you can swap pigtails from 91-96 units to retrofit them onto an 84-90 truck, all I want to know if if the pigtails are the same on the 97-01's as the pigtails on the 91-96 units or will I have to swap wires?

Back