• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not a jeep but a new fun project

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
So like it says it's not a jeep but is going to be a great new fun project though. The father in law decided he wanted to get a new truck and after he got his new one we got his old one :clap: 1973 chevy truck. There are a couple rust spots that we are going to need to deal with but more then worth it for what we paid for the truck FREE and the 350 in runs and sounds great. All in all the body is in great shape and straight, header and 3" exhaust with flow masters.

Thougts of what might happen..... Might look for a 427 for the truck and do a hell of a build up with the jeep and do a 350 swap to it :party:

058.jpg

039.jpg

027.jpg

022.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

It doesn't look to pretty yet but it will I love classics and I have always loved these trucks. Thinking of doing the truck in flatt black and then all the crome we decide to put back on it doing it black nickle. Mom works for east side platting so there is another freebee to go with it all I get plating done for free. When I say all crome in black nickle I mean all of it carb and everything.

So let me have all what do you think? Yeah I know it's not a jeep but hell.

CJ

Yeah the gas isn't the best for sure that's why it's not going to be a DD it will be the tow rig when it is done.
Yeah free was so great of a deal how could I say no and I love them body styles to.

i love these trucks... easy to build and everyone has a part for it that they are willing to give you. i built mine for about 1500 bucks.

Yeah the parts are great when you need to find something it is everywhere and almost everything is cheap compared to other rigs out there. Besides with the rebuild I'm going to do to the jeep now that the motor is shot on it I'm going to need a tow rig to get it to the trails. I don't know if it is going to be street legal when I'm done lol.

CJ

I have an idea on how to improve the reliability and looks of that truck a helluva lot:

1. 428 side oiler, hell just go 460
2. C6
3. sterling 10.25 rear, d60 front
4. Ford body

Just givin ya shit. Good job pickin it up for nothin, and it actually isn't that bad lookin of a truck. I'd flat bed it, black trucks look good with flatbeds. A fire engine red truck like that would look even better with a flatbed. unless you can pick up a bed for cheap. Or you could try to cut out and replace that part of the bed.

We got some cut out rear fenders was going to try to cut it out and replace it. If that don't work going to start looking for a new or at least a used bed in good shape. The other thing that is going to be hard to find is a 427 but I think it will be worth the time and money to get one.

Oh and as far as the ford body part I was thinking about that to, I think it would look real good with one right under tire.

We got some cut out rear fenders was going to try to cut it out and replace it. If that don't work going to start looking for a new or at least a used bed in good shape. The other thing that is going to be hard to find is a 427 but I think it will be worth the time and money to get one.

Oh and as far as the ford body part I was thinking about that to, I think it would look real good with one right under tire.

awsome lookng truck. plz dont cut it up or flatbed it. its a 73... get an 80s to cut up. not too much good ol'tin round anymore. too many have been destroyed...

thoes peices for the bed sides are a dime a dosen out of the "restoration" catalogs. "the filling station" in lebanon should have them on the shelve. last i looked they were somewhere around $15-25 for bed patch pannels, rockers, lower qutar pannels, etc...

also i have the sheet metal pess to do the change if that what you decide.. it'll be a bitch to get it right without the tool.

Bronze.

No I'm not going to flat bed it I am going to bring it back to new. The cutting I was talking about was cutting out the rusted part and welding in new metal to fix it.

CJ

I have an idea on how to improve the reliability and looks of that truck a helluva lot:

1. 428 side oiler, hell just go 460
2. C6
3. sterling 10.25 rear, d60 front
4. Ford body
lol you advised of a sterling over a C-14bolt for reliability:spin1:

So what does everyone thing about the motor swap idea? 350 goes to the jeep and get a 427 for the chevy? I'm thinking of it this way I want to completely rebuild the jeep anywyas so this was a thought I was having for it.

CJ

Back