• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wacky Windows

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay first off...2000 Cherokee Sport about 94k miles on it
From day one when I bought this thing my drivers side front window went up and down fine and the auto worked BUT when it get to the lower or upper extremities it would grind. For instance hitting the auto down would result in it dropping down perfectly fine and quiet untill the whole window was in the door and it would try and still go down!! it would just make a loud grinding noise...I never bothered to fix it because I don't know anything about electric windows, and just got used to putting it down all the way manually and stopping once the grid started...

So my first question is why does it do this and how do I fix it?

secondly the passenger side front window from day one went down fine other then two popping noises ..as it goes down it goes click click and continues to go down...it does it goign up to..today I realized that the window is struggling to get up...it still makes the noise and still goes down fine but when its going up it just creeps up ..

Whats wrong with this one?

sorry for all the broken sentences and what not I'm just trying to get a good picture in your head about what she does

thanks in advance to whoever posts!

Andrew

drivers side need a regulator, the track is getting stripped, hence the grinding noise, the teeth are skipping,

the pass. side may be a regulator, or maybe a reulator mounting point is loose or broken causing the poping sound. best thing to do is to get in and look around.

If they haven't been replaced yet, you might as well go ahead and plan on replacing them in the near future. Both are showing signs of what mine did before they failed. They're about $100 each from the dealer.

Back