• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK 4dr front springs and jk 3" lift shocks equals.....

crazycracka

NAXJA Forum User
An extra 3" of lift. Started with ZJ springs, 3" spacers and factory .5" isolators. I took out the Isolators and am now just spacers and JK springs.

I got some stock JK springs from work and set them next to the ZJ springs I was using and got this..
30822_1427200876546_1128537855_31239019_2444537_n.jpg

So just by seeing that I decided to throw them on. Here is a crappy before picture and an after picture.

24360_1353529274802_1128537855_31044371_4396670_n.jpg

To this.

l_636ad30973714bdcba2eeac204c018b9.jpg

l_72a62d2706ba49368ff31b9b2182e948.jpg

SO far on a quick 5 min test drive it actually rides pretty good.. Not to stiff not to soft, Just about right..

Figured I would share my experience since I couldnt find much about JK front suspension on an xj.

Next steps: Adjustable track bar, Rugged ridge SYE, 1" or maybe 2" warrior shackles and my own custom shackle angle brackets. Ohh yeah and bigger tires, and gears, and, and, and. Damn these things are addicting, lol.

Last edited:
Confused about what?? lol. I didn't get free 6" coils I got free JK coils. So since i was trying to go higher then why not use what i have?

Tires are 31's and every time I do something to make it bigger the tires look smaller and smaller. lol.

Overall lift from my old setup which was ZJ v8 coils, 3" spacers and stock isolators I was at 21" from hub to fender flare, Now I am at 24". So from old to new I gained 3". From factory to now I don't remember but I thought I measured 18" from hub to flare when I started. So roughly 6"..

How about from hub straight up to the body line?

I don't know if your flares are stock, in the stock location, but I know mine are long gone.

388661431.jpg

That's the measurement I'm talking about.

Anything referencing anything having to do with the stock flare won't help me. I want to see how much lift you have compared to me... and that's the only way I can see we'd be able to do it.

Gotcha.

So you are about 5 inches taller than I am, and I'm on stock springs with 2-inch spacers.

So, if V-8 ZJ springs give 1 inch of lift, and you have 3 more inches than that from a JK spring, looks like a JK spring gives 4 inches of lift.

Did you know that there are something like 30-some different JK springs?

Do you know the origins of yours? (4-door, 2-door, hard top, soft top, 4WD, 2WD, Rubicon, non Rubicon, etc)?

Gotcha.

Did you know that there are something like 30-some different JK springs?

Do you know the origins of yours? (4-door, 2-door, hard top, soft top, 4WD, 2WD, Rubicon, non Rubicon, etc)?

You mean all the JK springs are model specific? I can see how the 4 and 2 door springs would NEED to be different, and to a lesser extent, the Rubi models. But are the hard top vs soft top really different too?

You mean all the JK springs are model specific? I can see how the 4 and 2 door springs would NEED to be different, and to a lesser extent, the Rubi models. But are the hard top vs soft top really different too?

After talking to a salesman at a Jeep dealer it's my understanding that most every JK model has different springs. I don't know if this info is true, I'm just passing it along. :patriot:

Back