• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running rich

tuttlej

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I have a 1991 jeep 4.0 run hard to start my friend pulled the distributor and now it starts but is running rich and has no power could it be 180 out of time or do I have a bad 02 sensor or what please help?

You might want to provide a little more info in order to get solutions from the wealth of knowledge on this board. You say your buddy pulled the distributor and now it's running? Do you mean the distributor was replaced because of a "No start" condition? Did you replace it with the same distributor, a used one, or a new one? I don't know if a 91 has a CEL but if it does you might try and pull codes if its on.

How do you know it's running rich? Have you pulled any plugs to inspect for fuel fouling? Have you put a timing light on it? These are just a couple of suggestions but others with more experience will most likely bring up other ideas.

I got your punctuation right here @$R#$%%

If you are saying that with a GREAT BIG SMILE on your face, it isn't very evident.

You will find that those asking for help, with an attitude, won't get much around here.

Back