• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj steering up-grade.

have to weld a hub spacer in the knuckle, relocate the track bar put wj ball joints in your d30, drill to xj bolt pattern and a bunch of other stuff but if you search like frank said, you will find plenty of info

jks sells the spacers, trackbar/braket and steer you need for all of this and it's only the wj lower balljoints you use and XJ uppers, you can use explorer sporttrac rotors or have the WJ's re-drill to fit the xj unit hubs

You wont need the spacers, so long as you re-drill the wj unit bearings, If you use the xj units, you'll need 1/4" spacers.
copy that, i read that all you so is use the wj units and redrill xj pattern. Thats like a 20 minute job on a cnc machine...

but as far as the other stuff like track bar relocation, shocks, coil buckets.

My 91 XJ is scattered right now in prep for this swap. It has 190k miles. XJ unit bearings are probably original but in good shape.

Is it worth getting the new WJ unit bearings to eliminate the plate and to get newer and larger unit bearings and to avoid drilling the rotors?

My 91 XJ is scattered right now in prep for this swap. It has 190k miles. XJ unit bearings are probably original but in good shape.

Is it worth getting the new WJ unit bearings to eliminate the plate and to get newer and larger unit bearings and to avoid drilling the rotors?

I don't think so.....just my $.02. In my oppinion it is easier to re-drill the WJ rotors to match the XJ unit bearings. That's what I did. You don't have to be quite as precise drilling the rotors. You have to be dead nutz on drilling the unit bearings.

Back