• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, I cut the wrong trans hose today...

jtcnjxj

NAXJA Forum User

Just installed a B&M 70268 trans cooler on an 2001 XJ / AW4. Researched it pretty well here and on other sites. Saw some refs to FSM diagram ( don't have FSM yet). Saw the very good Jason West / Jeepin.com write up as well. I have seen some conflicting posts on whether the top or bottom line at the radiator is the supply or return. Most reported the bottom line is the return to the trans, and the gravity assitsted flow through the radiator makes sense to me also. !!!1

The consistent consenus on the trans end is the Supply is the Forward and the Return is the Rear line.

I didn't trace my lines all the way through. I cut the lower line, started her up and got flow from the trans side. The Lower line on my 2001 XJ AW4 is the Supply line.

Tracing it thoroughly confirms the Supply is the Forward line at the trans.

I couldn't get either one off at the radiator for the flow direction test, and didn't want to break anything. So, the odds seem to favor the lower line is the return scenario.

Well, wrong again
doh1.gif
but I was heading to lowes for 3/8" brass barbed couplers and hose clamps anyway.

Hope this helps others looking to add a trans cooler; its well worth it.

Now I got to re-do the leaking trans temp sending unit install.....
droolfactor10.gif

hi.gif
hi.gif
hi.gif
hi.gif
hi.gif

Back