• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cable net/tv

ladywolf

UH-60L Jeep Chick
hey, what cable/net compay dominates the western half of the state? here in texas we have time warner, which isnt too bad. what are prices like up there? just gettin ideas for when i move:)

I have both my cable and my net through comcast, I think they cover the better portion of the state. I think its right about 100 per month for both, but might be more ( my wife pays the bill).
Hope that helps, welcome home
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
I have both my cable and my net through comcast, I think they cover the better portion of the state. I think its right about 100 per month for both, but might be more ( my wife pays the bill).
Hope that helps, welcome home
Ryan

thats about right...digi cable and road runner net here is right at 100 bucks a month too

guess i will have to find out, comcast sounds better

If you don't want comcast, there is also DirectTV.

How does it go:

Extended cable and Internet just under $100

Regular price on Comcast 6mbps net is about $43 a month, but they might still be running the $33 a month special, tv varies depending upon channel lineup. Limited basic (2-32, plus a couple of others) runs about $15 and it just goes up from there. I believe Willamette Broadband is the only other provider in the western part of the state, but there coverage area is kinda odd and I've got no idea of what their prices run.

thanks for the info guys. i guess it also depends on what ft lewis allows on post. when i come home on leave next month i guess i will find out.

Speakeasy ADSL: 8 static IPs, honest 768kbps up/1.5Mbps down (but I've seen over 6Mbps down), 2 hops out of their network, better uptime than the power company (needed a card reset at Covad's DSLAM once in 5 years, down for 15min), top notch tech support 24/7 (rarely needed), zero restrictions on how I use my bandwidth and it's not shared with my neighbors. $105/month. Oh, and no landline/phone company BS cause the copper loop is leased by Covad for me.

What's TV?

:D

-i

ladywolf-where you stationed in Texas? My sister just got out of flight school and got transfered to Fort Hood.

i'm at fort hood also, what kinda pilot is she? last name?

I pay $57 for Comcast High Speed Cable internet and Basic cable combined in Marysville (I have had it for at least 3 years if that matters).

I pay over $100 just for Satelite Internet (so called high speed) at my house in Stanwood (Direct TV, to add TV to it would be at least $40 more). I have a TV antenna on the roof (much better than the bunny ears on the TV) for free. And we have a Netflix acct to make up for the TV antenna :)

Michael

2xtreme said:
I pay $57 for Comcast High Speed Cable internet and Basic cable combined in Marysville (I have had it for at least 3 years if that matters).

I pay over $100 just for Satelite Internet (so called high speed) at my house in Stanwood (Direct TV, to add TV to it would be at least $40 more). I have a TV antenna on the roof (much better than the bunny ears on the TV) for free. And we have a Netflix acct to make up for the TV antenna :)

Michael

Michael, how bad is the latency on the sat connection? Quick math says the ping times should be around 1 sec (round trip to L1 orbit times 2), is that about right?

/nerd out :D

Ian

Slacker87XJ said:
Speakeasy ADSL: 8 static IPs, honest 768kbps up/1.5Mbps down (but I've seen over 6Mbps down), 2 hops out of their network, better uptime than the power company (needed a card reset at Covad's DSLAM once in 5 years, down for 15min), top notch tech support 24/7 (rarely needed), zero restrictions on how I use my bandwidth and it's not shared with my neighbors. $105/month. Oh, and no landline/phone company BS cause the copper loop is leased by Covad for me.

What's TV?

:D

-i

Yeah, like Ian said, the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the beat. :lecture:

For what its worth, I'm a Click Network / Netventure guy myself......but that's only in Tacoma. I think I get 6 gazillapixels per second coming through the intertube; its remarkable......

- Jay

i bet you actually live in Tacoma.....knowing me they'll make me live in the B's on post

Jay2000XJ said:
Yeah, like Ian said, the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the beat. :lecture:

For what its worth, I'm a Click Network / Netventure guy myself......but that's only in Tacoma. I think I get 6 gazillapixels per second coming through the intertube; its remarkable......

- Jay

I think you just won the internet :D

On McChord, I remember seeing RCA satelites bolted on all sorts things, from shelves to chairs.

Netflix, Can't beat it. Unless you are unpatient about your rentals.

Back