• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to lift or not to lift

moparman96

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 xj 2 door that has a junkyard 3in lift out back and a spacer 2in lift in front. I dont like the lift i have and i would like to go a little bit higher because i want to fit 33x 12.50's under it. I have crawled with it allready the lift it has now works very well but my 31's i have now are all that it can handle. i have been looking at a 4.5in lift from rubicon express. my other option would be to leave it and just cut my way to fitting bigger tires but im not to fond on that idea because i dont really know what i am doing and i dont want it to look retarded or worse. i have the money for the lift but i am trying to look at all my options before i through down on a brand new kit. basiclly i want to know if it is worth it to just get the lift and have new everything or just cut up my jeep and hope its good enough. keep in mind i allready have the money set aside for the lift.

I would swap the front spacers out for 3" lift coils, then a standard trim will fit 33's. You will have to add some bumpstop extensions, but you will still be saving a good bit of money.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for a bastard lift. Swap in some V8 ZJ Up-country coils in front WITH your spacers. Should get you close to 4", maybe even toss a 2nd OEM coil isolator in. Or, since the rest of the lift parts should be pretty cheap, pull out those spacers and get a pair of ACOS.
IF you need/want the back higher, I would either bastardpack what you got now with another leaf or 2. Or, maybe get a set of the OME 2" HD springs, they usually net around 3.25-3.5" and if you want more the OME AAL is specifically designed for their packs.

For shocks, some JK Rubicon take-off's should suit your needs.

Back