• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Y-Link Arm Upgrade

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have this setup on a 98 XJ? If so what is your response about it.

Thnaks

Do a search on it, but general consensus is it is one of the best. I have it on my rig. The ride is great, and flexes great. I'm going to install some limit straps though. Just take your time doing the install, and you'll be good to go.

Lovin' mine too. Upgraded to the Y-link on my '99 2 years ago and have not regretted it yet. Great ride, great flex, and the belly pan is super stout. Like Metal Monkey said, I run limiting straps on mine to stop droop before my shocks do.

question... is the belly pan removable so you can service the transmission without removing the control arms?
Yes you can remove the belly pan. But the control arms are attached to it so they have to come off also. Thats the only problem I've had with mine is that it has to come off for trany servise. But I just take mine in to the dealer to get the fluid exchanged instead of taking it off. But in truth it's not that big of a deal 8 bolts and a jack(preferably a tranny jack) and bam she's off! Only about 1/2 hours work!
And I also have to run limit straps or my coils fall out.
100_6769.jpg

100_1642.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the good input. Ya'll sold this upgrade to my rig. CONGRADS. Some awsome pics above ( I love the coil dropping and then falling out ).

For those of you who run limiting straps, do you run one on each side or do you use a single strap in the center of the axle. I figure the single strap in the center would reduce problems with unloading on climbs while still allowing either side to flex freely, correct?

the whole point is to limit the flex with the strap instead of your shocks or in my case to keep the springs in place. one strap in the middle will not acheave that. I have heard of some guys runing one in the middle also. But I've not had a problem with the "unloading" that everyone talks about.

Back