• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp gauge for a 99?

99 uses CTS on thermostat housing to run data for the gauge through the ECU. not sure but in the 92 there may have been two sensors? might need to run an aftermarket temp gauge or later year display panel.

On the front of the thermostat housing is a small flat spot. Drill through that and tap it for 1/4 NPT (tapered plumbing thread). It will open into the area where the computer temperature sensor gets its data. You will need to extend the gauge wire, just run it under the loom where the injector wires are hidden. I have a 99 engine in my 91 and that's what I did. Here's a pic of my quickie fix, eventually I went to the junkyard and pulled a long section of the sender wire from a harness and cleaned it up pretty

Temp_Sensor_Relocated.sized.jpg

Don't tap the NPT too far. It's tapered so if you go all the way down then the gauge sender will also have to go all the way down. Just go far enough for it to fully thread and have a good seal.

ehall's fix is the cheapest and quick. You can also purchase a two sensor housing from Hesco, or a sensor bung for the heater or radiator hose--slice the hose, insert, clamp, install sensor. Again, ehall's is fastest fix.

Back