• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about XJ Edition

XJBC98

NAXJA Forum User
Got a 98 XJ 4x4 Sport 2Door and it's the Grizzly Edition. I have no idea what Grizzly edition stands for...or if it's some kind of Canadian model only...cause it's a local BC Jeep. Just wondered if anyone would know.

Thxs.

Purchased just last night...buddy said the sticker was peeling off...so he removed it.
It makes sense to me...he wouldn't lie about it. Otherwise the guy would just have marked it as a 2door sport 4x4. He didn't even know what it ment.

searching on Google it looks like the Grizzly was just the Sport with different wheels, or possibly a different trim package

here are some pics from Internet ads

DSC02539.jpg

8343d5b_20.jpeg

different set of wheels this time... these also show up in craigslist for Wrangler Grizzly edition

4x4009.jpg

Last edited:
searching on Google it looks like the Grizzly was just the Sport with different wheels, or possibly a different trim package

here are some pics from Internet ads

DSC02539.jpg

8343d5b_20.jpeg

different set of wheels this time... these also show up in craigslist for Wrangler Grizzly edition

4x4009.jpg

I searched google too and found the first two you posted as well.

The only thing different in appearance looks like it just has a sticker that has a bear on it and says "grizzly."

Kool....I don't see any stickers on them.
You'd think there would be more of a difference than just a set of rims.
I won't lose any sleep over this...just thought it would be good to know.

Maby I transform into a Grizzly bear when I reach an altitude of 5000FT or higher...
Just hope it doenst include hibernation in this trim package.

Last edited:
After looking into it more...i'm almost sure the Griz Edition included a manual 5sp, different rims... it could have something different with the suspension as well.
Mine has a black dash...and only power mirrors...
Hmm...seems like a Canadian thing.

those rigs have block heaters on them too so there may have been some sort of winterization kit as well.

I know Jeep has had wheels named "Grizzly", couple of different colors.

Back