• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple of questions

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
I just have a couple of questions. I have the 3.5 inch re superflex lift with aal and i am going to buy full leafs to replace the aal's because they are sagging. If I upgrade to full springs am i going to need an sye? I didn't have any vibes when the aal's were first installed, but are the full leafs going to sit much higher? Also I am going to be getting the jcr stage 3 front bumper and stage 2 rear bumper. What do you suggest i do as far as finishing them. Is there a special paint that won't allow rusting? I was thinking of getting them powdercoated but don't know how much that runs, if you have any idea or estimate, please let me know. Thanks

first the sye, put the springs on then tell us. You will not know till you get it set up and drive it. I know guys with 6 inches of lift, and they claim a 1 inch TC drop and no sye, and i know guys with 4 inches of lift, and a tc drop, and still vibs.

Every jeep and every spring is different. Just try it out.

As for your bumpers, powder them dudes man. Powder coating is pretty cheap when you figure out how strong it is.

I know they quoted me $50 for a front bumper with grill guard to go tux black.

NighthawkXJ said:
first the sye, put the springs on then tell us.

Why? Its a lot easier to put springs on, test drive for vibrations/noises. If a SYE is needed afterwards, then do that. He's only going to replace the springs with full packs. Not like he is going to lift it 3 more inches.

As far as bumpers, I use Rustoleum Hammerite paint. Tough, and if it gets worn off, you can just paint over the rust/old paint, without prepping it.

12GAXJ said:
He's only going to replace the springs with full packs. Not like he is going to lift it 3 more inches.

He might be lifting it 3" though...since the AAL is only going to be as good as the pack it went on. For all we know, this Jeep could have had 200k miles on it and hauled concrete it's entire life before the AAL was installed. The dang 3.5" RE packs sit over 5" when they're first installed...and settle to about 4".

Back