• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid plate suggestions

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
since my B-Day is coming up here on sturday, im looking at some skid plates for gifts.

what are some good skids that wont break the bank but will keep me from killing my under carage?

looking for skids for tcase, oil pan, anything.

Thanks
Garrett

OEM front and gas tank skids with a JCR t-case skid works good for me. I used a gastank skid from a ZJ. Had to make the 2 forward holes bigger with the trusty Dremel.

i wouldnt worry about a oilpan skid, ive never hit it on any of my rigs wether stock or full out trail rig, id focus on tcase and gas skids, for off the shelf id go jcr they got awsome stuff, if you want to save a few bucks keep your eyes out for a oem gas skid, they can hold up to some decent abuse

ive been reading up on t case/ crossmember skids and I have decided on the Treks offroad skid. its like $260 and really beefy.

I suggest diff protection along with your TC and fuel skids. Get something beefy, like a Ruff Stuff Specialties. This shot was taken during a particularly nasty day at a local OHV park.

ry%3D400

If you can find an OEM front skid, get it. It deflects objects that would otherwise go up in the engine bay, like sticks and zombies. Plus I think it looks awesome, it gives the XJ an even more military look.

If you can find an OEM front skid, get it. It deflects objects that would otherwise go up in the engine bay, like sticks and zombies. Plus I think it looks awesome, it gives the XJ an even more military look.
And if ya hit it on a big enough of a rock it'll bend into the steering and then ya can't steer til ya rip it off on the trail.
Not that I've seen or experienced this or anything

And if ya hit it on a big enough of a rock it'll bend into the steering and then ya can't steer til ya rip it off on the trail.
Not that I've seen or experienced this or anything

If you didn't have the skid plate and hit the steering components that hard, you'd be in even bigger trouble.

I know they're not technically "skid plates", but I'd recommend some nice rock sliders #1 if you don't have them already. After that, I'd say #2 belly skid, then #3 gas tank skid (I like DPG for both of those but I hear he's out of stock right now), followed by some diff covers #4. Factory front skid is OK for deflecting junk, but I wouldn't rely on it as a "skid" if you're playing in the rocks. It also won't fit as intended if you have sway bar drop brackets.

Back