• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Unofficial Wheeling Trip-Hannibal Rocks ORP August 14/15th

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
Ok gang, I have been talking with BOB and we are going to put together an unofficial wheeling trip to Hannibal Rocks ORP on August 14th and 15th. There are going to be RROCK events on the 14th and SheRock events on the 15th, but on both days the trails are said to be open for wheeling. There are 2 campgrounds that I found during a Google search and one sounds like it sucks and the other has decent reviews. Here is a link for that one http://www.marktwaincave.com/mtc_campground.html . A link for Hannibal Rocks can be found here: http://www.hannibalrocks.com/homepage.htm

This should give a few more of our more westerly members a closer place to come out and meet and greet with the other members and BOD in attendance.

As with any run, please familiarize yourself with the rules for MWC functions and the rules for the park as well.

Lets do this!!!

Cheeseman-OUT!

At this time, I plan to arrive Friday afternoon, wheel all day Saturday and go home Sunday. I may be talked into staying and wheeling Sunday if there are enough people staying Sunday.

I will bring Dawn, Tater and Rich.

BOB

I might try to make this, as long as you are sure the trails are open.

According to the Hannibal Rocks site it said that the trails are open during event weekends. I will make a few calls and make sure before anyone wastes a trip to good ol" Missouri :D

At this time, I plan to arrive Friday afternoon, wheel all day Saturday and go home Sunday. I may be talked into staying and wheeling Sunday if there are enough people staying Sunday.

I will bring Dawn, Tater and Rich.

BOB

Same time frame here too BOB. I plan on getting down there mid to late afternoon.

Hmmmm....

Interested.

Rev

I was hoping that you would be :thumbup:

When I mentioned it to Camille she asked if you and Sue would be in attendance :D

I'm in for this too.
In fact I will be there this weekend.
A good friend of mine is a rock racer and is racing this weekend.
I helped him at King of the Hammers in 2009 when I lived in So Cal.
I assume he will be there racing in Aug too.
Plus it's about time I meet some of you good folks here in the MWC!!!
(is it OK if I wear my SoCal chapter apparel?) j/k :D

well, they might want to reconsider the date since we want to have you two there :D

I'm in for this too.
In fact I will be there this weekend.
A good friend of mine is a rock racer and is racing this weekend.
I helped him at King of the Hammers in 2009 when I lived in So Cal.
I assume he will be there racing in Aug too.
Plus it's about time I meet some of you good folks here in the MWC!!!
(is it OK if I wear my SoCal chapter apparel?) j/k :D

It would be great if ya could make it..Corn Curt..I like the ring to it.

As far as wearing your SoCal apparel..if your referring to your NAXJA stuff, that is fine..if your referring to your ass-less chaps...well, that is probably OK too. :D

Hope to see ya there.

This sucks, I have a trip planned to go to Iron Range Park in Minnesota that same weekend with another club. Don't think I can make this one.

it's just cause your scared isn't it Kim? :D

Rev...I believe the boss has spoke, see you next time :D

hmmm its only about 5 hrs away. I could probably fit in a wheeling trip once before school starts. Now to just figure out what I'm gonna do about axles!

Well it turns out I prob won't be making Brewfest, my 4th nephews Baptism... So I'm going to shoot for this trip, its only 7hrs 44min away at 421 miles...

Hopefully I get to make this one, I've been itching to get out for about a yr now...

Care if a 'greenie' shows up?

there could be Jim, just have to show up and find out! How the hell have ya been old man? :D

Back