• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket shackles vs. shackle relocation kit?

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
What are you thoughts on this. I want to get the back of my xj to be about 1 inch higher so it will sit level. I have a 90 with a 3 inch procomp lift on it right now. I am debating on getting the shackle relocation kit but i don't know if it is better to just get the different shackles. please let me know your thoughts and and any input you might have.

Thanks.

Well the relocation brackets are not only for lift but more for getting a better shackle angle..aka better flex as well as better on road ride. Maybe get a 1 inch shackle then the brackets?

Im at right around 6.5" in the back and am lookin into and doin research into the brackets since my current shackle angle is horrible.

My shackle relocation brackets from HD Off Road Engineering netted me more than an inch by themselves, maybe 1 1/2"-2" but the ride in the rear and flex was greatly improved. I thought about getting rid of my lift shackle for a stock shackle to leave the lift the same when I installed them.

i installed mine with the factory shackle and would never consider a longer shackle first after having them on for a few runs. Brian is a great guy, provides a great product at a fair price that will help your jeep out more than a longer shackle. Thats my experience.

Back