• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Chero Sport (2wd) speedo issues

Jake_S

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this on the Jeeps unlimited site w/ no insight yet, so I will try here:

The Chero is a 2wd auto sport with a very strange acting speedo. The speedo will bounce around, but never show the real speed, unless you are accelerating. I can unplug the VSS connector, plug it back in (not doing anything to the plug) and the speedo will work for a few days, unless I take a hard right turn, then it drops to zero. The odo does not work while the speedo is on zero, or is bouncing around.

I suspect the VSS, but the whole thing with the right turn has me baffled.

Any help is appreciated.

Jake

bad sensor bad connector bad ground bad bad bad bad.....

take a quick look around and check all the conections and plugs to make sure they are good then make sure the vss isnt loose or broken.

if all else fails change the vss

I don't think it's a bad ground since the rest of the gauges work (tach, oil, tenp, volt). I have not checked the connector @ the firewall yet, but I will do that tonight.

The speedo dying when I turn hard right still has me completely baffled.

Back