• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum nipple adapter

RenegadeT

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure I'm not the first person to have done this...95 4.0L, on top of the valve cover, rear hole, there is a plastic elbow. A plastic tube connects to this, pulling manifold vacuum. I broke the oil-soaked rubber nipple that necks down from ~1/2" to ~1/4" (probably metric, I guess I'll measure) connecting the plastic elbow into the valve cover and this tiny plastic tube. Is this something I can pick up at NAPA. Any help appreciated, p/n's, suppliers, etc.
Thanks

Yes, NAPA should have it.

BK 6301076, $6.49

napa part number: 6301078
Dorman part number: 47079

604008.jpg

or with the insert
napa part number: 6301076
Dorman part number: 47057

604007.jpg

I believe he means the short piece of hose connecting the valve to the plastic line- it's 9/16 on one end, 1/4 or 5/16 on the other. Has a pn of 34611, but I didn't find it anywhere when I was looking.

Edit- this one?
DSCF5591.jpg

ah. I broke mine awhile back and just made a new piece of line for it, I forgot about that step down hose.

Try rockauto.com?

I believe he means the short piece of hose connecting the valve to the plastic line- it's 9/16 on one end, 1/4 or 5/16 on the other. Has a pn of 34611, but I didn't find it anywhere when I was looking.

Edit- this one?

yeah that one. Mine looks a little different, the step is more abrupt, probably why it broke. I measured 5/8" and 1/4". Now that I see your pic, I realize that is how my 99XJ looks too. I bet the Jeep dealer sells the small tube, plus rubber step piece as an assembly. I'll be able to make something work, maybe lenghts of rubber tube with a plastic nipple/adapter.
2010-06-06008_.jpg

maybe you could thread a hose barb in there? cant remember what size the ID of that elbow is but you may be able to twist a fitting in there that would give you a hose barb of the correct size to just run a piece of fuel line to connect the two.

Napa carries some of the vacuum harnesses just like the dealer offers, only at 1/2 the price.

The only ones we carry at NAPA are the Dorman vacuum manifold pieces for the renix years. Once the HOs started they did away with the spiderweb of vacuum lines and most can be replaced with sections of straight tube and rubber elbows. If we make the vacuum lines for the later models, I haven't been able to find them.

The only ones we carry at NAPA are the Dorman vacuum manifold pieces for the renix years. Once the HOs started they did away with the spiderweb of vacuum lines and most can be replaced with sections of straight tube and rubber elbows. If we make the vacuum lines for the later models, I haven't been able to find them.
Thanks for the clarification. I have purchased the early harnesses at Napa and only the grommets for the later models.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone out, but I solved my problem. I dug thru my boxes of Jeep parts and found a leftover from when I installed the Mopar MPI on my CJ. This is why I don't throw much crap out, been hanging on to this for over 10 yrs...
2010-06-07001_.jpg

BTW, thanks to GrimmJeeper, so which one it's the correct part number:

Front PCV Valve Napa 6301078 and dorman 47079
Rear PCV Valve Napa 6301076 and dorman 47957.

the question is wich one must be in front and wich one in rear hole?

Because i broke front valve while try to clean it and need to replace.

The one with the metered orifice goes in the rear; the front is an open fresh filtered air intake.

Back